KOREA: Seoul Racecourse – Sunday December 2, 2018
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens to begin with and six of the eight have prior experience. (6) WIND RIVER was by some margin the best on debut, running a good 3rd over this distance on November 10th. It was a decent time and a similar performance should see her home on top today. One of the others have really impressed although (9) FULL MOON OCEAN did nothing wrong for his 6th and can improve today. Similarly (3) RAON KEVIN can be given another chance having finished 7th of 12 on his own racecourse bow. That leaves the two debut-makers as contenders. (5) MISS SUNSHINE looks the best of them, running well in a trial just last week. (2) DAEJI YEOGEOL also looked competent enough in her heat and can go well first-up.
|Selections||(6) Wind River (5) Miss Sunshine (9) Full Moon Ocean (3) Raon Kevin|
|Next Best||2, 8|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 8, 9|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
More juveniles seeking their first win with seven of them having raced once before. The one of those with the best finishing position on debut was (10) CHEONNYEON VIKING, who ran 2nd in a filly-only maiden at this distance all the way back in August. She should be in the mix again, but it wasn’t a fast race that day and she will need to improve. (9) SLING STONE ran faster in 5th on his debut last month and the recency of that perhaps makes him a better bet while (3) VICTORY KING beat a couple of the others who go here on his debut four weeks ago and should beat plenty of them again. However, for our pick we are turning to a newcomer. (8) RAON STORM looked like he meant business when running strongly in a trial at the end of October and if he brings that form to the races, he should win. Another first-time starter (4) YEOKDAE CHOEGO will also be well-backed first-up having won a trial. Watch the market with both for additional clues.
|Selections||(8) Raon Storm (9) Sling Stone (10) Cheonnyeon Viking (4) Yeokdae Choego|
|Next Best||3, 11|
|Fast Start||8, 9, 10, 12|
Race 3: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Fillies only here and having beaten a couple of these on her way to 2nd place at class and distance on November 4th, (8) RAON SERENA is favoured to prevail here. She’s yet to win in four outings but has never been worse than 3rd and she can come out on top today, most likely leading all the way. (3) EOMJI YEOWANG and (2) DANGDAE SONYEO chased Raon Serena home that day in 4th and 5th and they may well be the ones who pose the greatest threat here although they do have almost three lengths to make up. (1) KKEULEOJUNEUN SON remains a maiden but is capable if finding the places in this kind of race while the same is true of (7) NAMJJOK NARA, another maiden but up in class today after a useful 3rd last time out.
|Selections||(8) Raon Serena (2) Dangdae Sonyeo (1) Kkeuleojuneun Son (3) Eomji Yeowang|
|Next Best||7, 9|
|Fast Start||2, 8, 9|
Race 4: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(3) MIREU STORM has won two of her three starts so far and is up in class today looking for a hat-trick. Both her wins have come at this distance and both by leading from gate to wire and she is well-drawn for a good start and a repeat. This is a stiff test though and the primary danger – and possible favourite – is (6) CHAPEL ACE. He’s a class and distance winner and while he hasn’t been exceptional in recent outings, he comes in off a good 4th last time and looks set to got well here. (1) RAON ZEUS drops back significantly in trip following a couple of chastening experiences at 1700M and should be much better today. (5) SERA KHAN won at this distance at class 5 in September and while he only managed 6th on his first try at this level in October, he can improve today. (12) BOMBI’S KING ran a good, if slightly unexpected, 2nd last time out (the jockey got fined for returning half a kilo heavier than he weighed out) and could aim for a place again.
|Selections||(3) Mireu Storm (6) Chapel Ace (1) Raon Zeus (5) Sera Khan|
|Next Best||12, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 7, 9|
Race 5: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(9) YEOGEOL VISION came up in class following a 2nd place and a win from her first two starts before running 3rd on her first try at this level on November 4th. She’s up in trip today but she’s run on well each time and it may suit her very well. (8) LUCKY BONGHWA remains a maiden after eight attempts but since returning from five months out has registered a 4th and a 3rd in two outings and may be considered to go even better here. (1) DAE BYEONHWA’s recent form reads well and he should have placing claims. (5) CAMP TOUCH and (6) HANEULEUL DALRIDA, the latter up in class after a solid maiden win over this distance a month ago, are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(9) Yeogeol Vision (8) Lucky Bonghwa (6) Haneuleul Dalrida (1) Dae Byeonhwa|
|Next Best||5, 4|
|Fast Start||3, 6|
Race 6: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(12) DARK PLAYER has run twice so far recording a 3rd and a 2nd. He’s run well on both occasions and with a bit more progress today, he can find his way to the winner’s circle. He’ll have to overcome the widest draw, but he looks capable. (9) PRIMO has been very solid of late, going down by a nose in July, a neck in August and a half-length in September before being more soundly beaten into 2nd last time out. He’ll challenge late on and looks good for at least a place again. (5) HAE NARAE improved on her second start four weeks ago and can continue her progress today while at the other end of the experience spectrum, (4) SUPER TRICK is more than capable of challenging for a money finish in this company.
|Selections||(12) Dark Player (9) Primo (5) Hae Narae (4) Super Trick|
|Next Best||8, 2|
|Fast Start||7, 8, 12|
Race 7: Class 5 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Two standouts here with both (1) ADELEUI KKUM and (7) ARES THUNDER coming in off the back of a number of near-misses between them. Both finished in 3rd place at class and distance last time and both will try to come from off the pace here, with Adeleui Kkum the very slight pick. Either way, those two will be expected to fill out the quinella but if one or both don’t live up to expectations, (6) GOLDEN WEDDING could take advantage. She was underwhelming last time but is a proven money winner at class and distance and comes in at a very nice weight today. (9) WON AGAIN and (11) FLYING JOY are others who can be competitive.
|Selections||(1) Adeleui Kkum (7) Ares Thunder (6) Golden Wedding (9) Won Again|
|Next Best||11, 3|
|Fast Start||4, 11|
Race 8: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(4) FINAL ESSENCE has been figuring things out in his latest two outings and ran 4th on her first try at this distance two weeks ago. That was only her fourth outing in total and she looks to be getting better all the time and is possibly ready to win here. (6) FLASH JET immediately took to this distance when tried around it on just his second career start at the end of October. He ran 2nd, only beaten half a length, and could go one better today. (8) HAPPY MAUNTAIN beat two of these on his way to 3rd place at class and distance on November 4th and has placing claims again. One of those two was (7) MIGHTY MAMBO, an improved 4th that day and also capable in this company. (3) MANHATTAN MUSIC looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(4) Final Essence (6) Flash Jet (7) Mighty Mambo (8) Happy Mauntain|
|Next Best||3, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4|
Race 9: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(7) DOKDO JIGI returned in September from five months out but picked up straight from where he left off in stretching his unbeaten streak to three. Last time, he won a tough race over 1300M by a neck and has every chance of making it four in a row today. (1) MUSA and (9) GLOBAL NEWS came home 2nd and 4th respectively at this distance in October, bringing to an end a three-race win streak for Global News. He didn’t get off to the greatest of starts that day and been off since and can overturn the form today. Musa has raced once since, slightly disappointingly, but should benefit from the inside gate and get on speed early. (3) PHILLANIKE beat Musa in that race three weeks ago and is another who can challenge for a place today. (4) MAGIC TEN, a Korean Oaks also-ran, can be inconsistent but ran well for 3rd at 1400M four weeks ago and should benefit even more from the shorter trip today.
|Selections||(7) Dokdo Jigi (9) Global News (4) Magic Ten (1) Musa|
|Next Best||3, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 6, 9|
Race 10: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(9) SPEED JOY returns over five months since his last start. That was a six-length win to go with three previous runner-up finishes. He trialled well in November and has every chance of going very well first up. (2) NEORANEUN CHUKJE had a poor day at the office when reasonably well-backed for a similar race to this in October. He’s had six weeks off since and can be given another chance to recapture the form that saw him see off three of these on his way to a close 2nd behind the promising Thank You Charlie in September. We’ll draw a line through the latest from (1) THUNDER MARINE too, whose race was done when he lost a lot of ground at the start. He too was going well before that and comes in following nine weeks off forgiven and worth another go. (8) HAEKHANGGONGMOHAM and (6) FLYING BOSS, the latter up in class after a close 2nd at 1300M in October are others in the hunt in a race which is very competitive but has question marks against all the top picks.
|Selections||(2) Neoraneun Chukje (9) Speed Joy (1) Thunder Marine (8) Haekhanggongmoham|
|Next Best||6, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 7, 12|
Race 11: Class 1 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 150 Million
Another wildly competitive handicap to finish with. (9) PANORAMA SHOW may be up in class despite seeing his win streak ended last time, but he as always looked to be class 1 bound and if he gets to the lead here, under a light weight, he can win. (5) GWANGBOK CHILSIP ran a really good 3rd at 1200M last time on October 21st. He ran on very well and could go even closer today. (6) SINGYU GANGJA and (3) BRIG came home 3rd and 4th with just a neck between them at class and distance on October 28th and both should be in the placing hunt again. (4) SINUI MYEONGRYEONG comes in following a really good 2nd place in the Jeju Governor’s Cup – the top sprint race in Korea for fillies and mares – at this distance in October and she too can be respected on what is her first try at a regular class 1 handicap.
|Selections||(9) Panorama Show (5) Gwangbok Chilsip (4) Sinui Myeongryeong (3) Brig|
|Next Best||6, 8|
|Fast Start||4, 9|