KOREA: Seoul Racecourse – Saturday November 2, 2019
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
We begin with juvenile maidens with five of the twelve having raced before. Of those five, (7) SHINY FIRE and (8) GYORYONGDEUKSU will be expected to push on from competent debuts and go close here. The favourite will be a first-time starter though. (4) BAEKSAN THUNDER ran out a ten-length winner of a trial on October 11th making all in a facile manner in a faster time than any of the experienced ones here managed on their racing debuts. If he brings that to the track today, he’ll not be beaten. Of the other newcomers, (6) HURRICANE SOCKS and (9) EAST ONE look to have the most promise at this stage.
|Selections||(4) Baeksan Thunder (8) Gyoryongdeuksu (7) Shiny Fire (6) Hurricane Socks|
|Next Best||9, 3|
|Fast Start||4, 7, 8, 12|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
More juvenile maidens this time with just three having previous experience. None of them have really caught the eye although the pair who have raced twice, (1) WONDERFUL ORANGE and (8) LUCKY MYEONGHO will be expected to improve here. That leaves us once more with first-timers. There were three standouts in trials. (11) RIDE LUCKY came from off the pace to record a strong 2nd in a good time. His stable has been in solid form of late and he is the likely favourite. The only trial winner among them is (10) USEUNG GAK, who made all to take his heat by a neck. It wasn’t particularly fast, but Moon Se Young is aboard, and he will attract plenty of support. (2) CUPID HONEY recorded the fastest trial time of any of them when 5th in a good heat last month.
|Selections||(11) Ride Lucky (10) Useung Gak (2) Cupid Honey (1) Wonderful Orange|
|Next Best||8, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 8, 10|
Race 3: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(4) JOEUN GAMUN ran an improved 3rd on what was his second career start on September 21st. He’s had six weeks off since and is nicely drawn to get to the lead here with solid claims of coming out on top this time. (1) DANGCAHN BARAM has run in two solid performances so far, last time finishing 5th in what was arguably a better race than this. She too should be on pace from the start and can go close. (9) STUNNING AGAIN has been up and down across eight starts so far but should be beating plenty of these. (6) DALRINEUN BITKKAL and (11) PEACE OF RULES look best of the rest.
|Selections||(4) Joeun Gamun (1) Dangchan Baram (9) Stunning Again (11) Peace Of Rules|
|Next Best||6, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 9, 11|
Race 4: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(2) CAPTAIN BEST comes in having run 2nd and 3rd from his latest two and needs only a top three finish to be bumped up in class. Last start he hung inwards to the extent he gave his jockey great difficulty riding him out and was accordingly sent back to trial. He came through that and if he behaves himself today, he should win. Main danger looks to be (3) JANGSU NABOM. After an indifferent debut, he’s recorded a 2nd and a 3rd, both at this distance and should be challenging Captain Best for the early lead. (10) P.K. DOLPUNG was well back in a good race last time but proved himself capable of running a decent time and can improve today. (4) SPECIAL CHAMP and first-timer (9) KING KANMOREU are others who can go close.
|Selections||(2) Captain Best (3) Jangsu Nabom (10) P.K. Dolpung (4) Special Champ|
|Next Best||9, 11|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 10|
Race 5: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(1) NOLBU CHEONHA was an improved 3rd on his second career start on October 6th. He perhaps left himself a bit too much to do from a wide draw that day, but this time has the inside and can settle just behind the early speed and if he quickens the same way again, can win. (5) SAMSEONG VIVA also improved on his second start and should go even better stepped up in trip today. He’s the main danger although (7) PENUMBRA already has a 2nd place to his name at this distance and should go close again too. (2) SAEROUN BOBAE and (4) JACKS KHAN are others who can challenge for at least places.
|Selections||(1) Nolbu Cheonha (5) Samseong Viva (7) Penumbra (2) Saeroun Bobae|
|Next Best||4, 9|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 9|
Race 6: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Good race this. (2) GALLOP CURLIN has run 2nd and 3rd in his latest two, both over this distance and a win seems likely sooner rather than later. He’ll go right to the front here and it could be today. (1) MIGHTY WING ran a good 2nd over 1700M last time out and dropping back in trip today looks to be the main danger, also from the front. (5) DAEGUN ILGAL has been hovering around the periphery of the places and also drops back from 1700M and into contention. (9) BEST EVER and (10) ACE CHAN are others who can be competitive in this company.
|Selections||(2) Gallop Curlin (1) Mighty Wing (5) Daegun Ilgal (10) Ace Chan|
|Next Best||9, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 4|
Race 7: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(5) STUNNING HANSEN should have too much here. A very good winner in a fast time over this distance on debut last month, she is up in class today but really should be repeating. (6) YULONG FLYING got his maiden win in impressive fashion at the start of September before running a solid 2nd on his first try at this class. He’ll join the favourite in challenging for the early lead and can go close. (4) SENTOSA is a maiden but rarely misses by much and should be around the places again. (10) BLUE DAEJAYEON and (11) LOOKING GOOD – the latter racing for the first time in six months but was looking good in an October trial – are others to consider.
|Selections||(5) Stunning Hansen (6) Yulong Flying (4) Sentosa (11) Looking Good|
|Next Best||10, 7|
|Fast Start||5, 6, 10, 11|
Race 8: Class 5 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(3) BLADE STORM returned from six months off to get his maiden win first-up in September. He followed that up by running 3rd on his first try at this class on October 5th. Both those races were over 1000M, but he looks ready to tackle the increased distance and is the one to beat here. (12) MASEONG JILJU steps up in class having registered his maiden win at the fourth time of asking in October. It was at this distance and he made all and has very chance of being competitive at this level. (9) WONDERFUL RUBY only managed 7th last start but the margins were narrow, and she was first-up after four months. She should improve today. (2) ROYAL GHOST and (11) IL MARE are others in the placing hunt.
|Selections||(3) Blade Storm (12) Maseong Jilju (9) Wonderful Ruby (11) Il Mare|
|Next Best||2, 7|
|Fast Start||3, 9, 12|
Race 9: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(1) BUCKETFUL GOLD is a winner of one form eight so far but comes in having been runner-up in each of his latest three outings, including the most recent at class and distance. From the inside gate he should be prominent early and can go one better. It took (4) BACK SPIN five attempts to make her breakthrough but she clearly enjoyed winning as she immediately followed up with another. That’s brought her rapidly up in class and while this is obviously tougher, she should be competitive again. (7) CHODONG BOBAE won three in a row between April and July and has continued her solid form with a pair of 3rd place finishes. 3rd would be a minimum requirement today. (3) HANSEN BAROWS and (11) RAON PATRICK are others who can compete for places.
|Selections||(1) Bucketful Gold (7) Chodong Bobae (4) Back Spin (3) Hansen Barows|
|Next Best||11, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 7, 8|
Race 10: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(5) DAEBAK HAENGJIN beat a couple of these on her way to 2nd place at class and distance on September 22nd. She remains a maiden after ten attempts but that was her fifth runner-up finish. She has a chance here and should be on pace but may have to settle for 2nd again. That’s because (3) KILIUI JEWANG is also present. He drops back in trip following spins around 1700M and 1600M. This should suit better, and he could well lead gate to wire. (12) CHOIN BOLT won three of his first four and while he may well have found his level now, he should be very competitive here. (2) JANGSAN BEARS and (7) K.N ACE are others with claims on at least the places.
|Selections||(3) Kiliui Jewang (5) Daebak Hanegjjin (12) Choin Bolt (7) K.N Ace|
|Next Best||2, 4|
|Fast Start||3, 9, 10, 12|
Race 11: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(12) PRIMO ran 3rd in a good race at class and distance on September 22nd. He has plenty of solid results at this level and while drawn wide, he doesn’t need to lead, and could well come home on top here. (6) MONEY DAERYUK drops back in trip after a good 2nd over 1400M at the end of September. She came from well off the pace today and will look to do similar here and even at the shorter distance is capable. (1) BACK TO BACK wilted in that same race behind Money Daeryuk last time but is better than that and back in trip today should be better. (3) GEUMA THUNDER and (9) GLOBAL NEWS, the latter returning for the first time since March, are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(12) Primo (6) Money Daeryuk (1) Back To Back (9) Global News|
|Next Best||3, 7|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 7, 9|
Race 12: Class 2 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(1) SUPER FLUID and (11) CHEUNGDAM GENIE came home 1st and 2nd with just a head between them when they raced each other over class and distance on September 22nd. They are both up in the weights today although the raise is more severe on Super Fluid and that may well be enough for that form to be reversed today. (7) JJANG KONG drops back in trip following a decent 4th over a mile on October 6th and should be in the hunt to improve here. (4) RAPIDOCUS and (6) SIN DOLGYEOK are others with placing claims.
|Selections||(11) Cheungdam Genie (1) Super Fluid (7) Jjang Kkong (4) Rapidocus|
|Next Best||6, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 11|