KOREA: Seoul Racecourse – Saturday October 5, 2019
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Twelve previously unraced juveniles go around here. The only trial winner among them is (4) CHEROKEE MARINE and that fact alone puts him firmly in contention. However, his heat wasn’t especially fast and (1) MINE HUNTER and (10) DAESEUNG QUEEN are more favoured. They both finished 2nd in their respective trials, both of them in decent times and with both looking competent. The pair of them are likely to join Cherokee Marine on pace early and it is Mine Hunter who is the slight pick. (8) GONGJAK WANG and (12) GRAND MASTER are two others who looked good in their trials and can go well first up.
|Selections||(1) Mine Hunter (10) Daeseung Queen (4) Cherokee Marine (12) Grand Master|
|Next Best||8, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 10, 11|
Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Juvenile maidens with all but one having raced before. That solitary debut-maker has a chance though. (12) SUNWOO ENTHEUS has been through a few trials, winning one and coming second in another, that latter 2nd in an especially fast time. If she can bring that form to the races, she’ll be right in the mix. The one she needs to beat though is (7) HWANGGEUM HAE. Also a trial winner, he ran 2nd on debut on August 31st and while he was beaten seven-lengths by good winner Raon Best Man, he showed enough to suggest a win of his own shouldn’t be too far away and it could well be here. (1) LUCKY SANGUN did nothing wrong when 4th on his August debut. (3) GEOMPO and (9) RISING VICTORY are others who ran well first-up and can build on those promising debuts today.
|Selections||(7) Hwanggeum Hae (12) Sunwoo Entheus (1) Lucky Sangun (3) Geompo|
|Next Best||9, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 7|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Maiden for fillies and (10) CHOEGANG CAMP comes in having run 2nd over 1000M on her third career start on September 7th. She ran through the line well and the additional furlong and half today could see her home on top. (7) BLUE BAND was beaten by Choegang Camp on her most recent start in August. She’s had eight weeks off since then and should be better. (8) BEST GOLD was a much improved 2nd at this distance a month ago and can build on that today. (4) ALL MY QUEEN and (5) HWARYEO are others to consider.
|Selections||(10) Choegang Camp (8) Best Gold (7) Blue Band (5) Hwaryeo|
|Next Best||4, 11|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 10, 11|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(2) MASEONG JILJU looked a much better prospect on his return from four months out – and with a handful of additional trials under his belt – when 2nd over 1000M on September 1st. That wasn’t a strong race and he is up in trip today but looks the one to beat. (8) SEOUL MAGIC was 5th behind Maseong Jilju last time and he can get closer today, but the main danger will be (4) BE ZENITH. He’s run 5th in both outings so far and coming from off the pace, he should be in the mix today. (3) WONDERFUL DANCER and (12) ARASHI are others capable of at least a place.
|Selections||(2) Maseong Jilju (4) Be Zenith (12) Arashi (8) Seoul Magic|
|Next Best||3, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 8, 11|
Race 5: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(11) BLADE STORM is up in class having been a five-length winner (ahead of Choegang Camp from race 3) over this distance on September 7th. That was his first race back after almost six months off and while he has another wide draw to overcome here, he is the one to beat. (1) HANEUL GONGWON is also up in class after her maiden win. It was back in July, so she’s had ten weeks off, but she’s drawn nicely on the inside and looks a big danger here. (2) SENTOSA remains a maiden but has been knocking on the door in recent starts and looks good for a place again. (6) GYEONGGUKJIMA is another up in class who can be competitive while (9) DALLINEUN ACE looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(11) Blade Storm (1) Haneul Gongwon (2) Sentosa (6) Gyeonggukjima|
|Next Best||9, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 7, 11|
Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Competitive race. (6) HANSEN BAROWS is the slight pick following strong showings in his latest two efforts. He goes well for Alan Munro and today could be their day. (5) WINNER BLUE steps up in both class and distance following a tight win over 1000M last month. He’s drawn well to get on the early speed, and he will be a danger. So too will (7) DAEHAN ILPUM, who comes in off 2nd place at class and distance last time out and will go to the front early too. (1) FIGHTING HERO is one start into a comeback following six months off and should have come on for last month’s 5th. (10) WONDERFUL MARIA was a beaten favourite at class and distance in August but while this is a slightly tougher race, she can be given another chance.
|Selections||(6) Hansen Barows (5) Winner Blue (7) Daehan Ilpum (1) Fighting Hero|
|Next Best||10, 8|
|Fast Start||5, 7, 12|
Race 7: Class 4 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(8) MENI GRAND had a poor day at the office when sent off as favourite at class and distance on September 1st. She had been going well prior to that though and is worth another chance here in what is a wide-open race. (12) INCHEON CAPTAIN was a very solid 2nd on a long-awaited debut in August beating a couple of these in the process and he can build on that today. (4) BULGULUI RUNNER has shown plenty of promise across his four starts so far and should be in the mix right from the start. (1) LITTLE BOY FLASH and (11) FASHION PEOPLE, the latter an unexpected winner over 1000M last start, are others with placing claims.
|Selections||(8) Meni Grand (12) Incheon Captain (4) Bulgului Runner (11) Fashion People|
|Next Best||1, 6|
|Fast Start||4, 7, 8, 10|
Race 8: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(6) RUNING BOX won back to back races on her second and third starts in April and June and while last month’s HRI Trophy may have been a bit too much too soon, she looks nicely in here to return to winning ways. It won’t be easy though. (5) RAON PATRICK enters having won his latest two, most recently at class and distance, and is a big threat here. (7) DO KKI BLADE failed to make an impact in either the Korean Derby or Minister’s Cup but after an almost four-month break, returns to shallower waters here and is in the hunt. (2) MYEONGMA JILJU and (3) DAECHEON HERO are both up in class having won their respective latest starts in emphatic fashion and both should be competitive at this level.
|Selections||(6) Running Box (5) Raon Patrick (7) Do Kki Blade (2) Myeongma Jilju|
|Next Best||3, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4, 5, 6|
Race 9: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(1) SLING STONE beat three of these on his way to a three-length win at class and distance on August 17th. He carries significantly more weight today but from the inside gate he should be on pace again and he should win again. (9) BONNEUNG DAERO and (3) STAR PLATINUM were two of those behind Sling Stone that day. Both have raced since with Bonneung Daero impressing and he’ll be one of the main dangers today. (7) KAILASH DANCER has some good results at this distance and shouldn’t be far away either.
|Selections||(1) Sling Stone (9) Bonneung Daero (7) Kailash Dancer (3) Star Platinum|
|Next Best||8, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 2|
Race 10: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(1) GEUMA ZENITH ran out a nine-length class and distance winner on July 21st. Despite that he manages to get another crack at this level and while he returns from eleven weeks off and carries an additional 4kg today, he again looks very much the one to beat. His main rivals all raced each other last time out on September 8th. That day (6) RAON DOLPUNG in 3rd place got the better of (2) DAECHEON ACE in 3rd and (3) VICTORY KING in 4th. There were only two lengths between the three of them though and all have claims to be in the mix at the business end here. The wildcard is (5) BI PYEONG, who ran 2nd in three consecutive races between January and March but hasn’t raced since. He did though look good in a September trial and has plenty of capability at this distance.
|Selections||(1) Geuma Zenith (6) Raon Dolpung (3) Victory King (2) Daecheon Ace|
|Next Best||5, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 9|
Race 11: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(4) EONEU MEOTJIN NAL races for the first time since scoring at class and distance back on July 6th. He looks nicely in here to come from just off the pace and finish strongly. (1) PUREUN MAE was 2nd in that race, just a length adrift, and also returns to action for the first time since. He can be a danger. (6) PRO HAMSEONG and (7) MATCH CAPTAIN both enter with recent form reading well. Both are likely to be on pace here and can make nuisances of themselves at the business end. (3) JANGSAN BEARS ran poorly last time but drops back in trip and should be better today.
|Selections||(4) Eoneu Meotjin Nal (6) Pro Hamseong (7) Match Captain (1) Pureun Mae|
|Next Best||3, 12|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 8, 12|
Race 12: Class 1 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 110 Million
(9) DIA SOCKS ran a huge 2nd to Blue Chipper in the Korea Sprint a month ago. He’s only won three of his twenty-one starts so far but has now been runner-up on no fewer than nine occasions. He should be finally adding to the win column here. (4) EAST PALOS got his first class 1 win over 1400M in late August, beating a couple of these long the way, and looks to be the main danger along with (7) NEW CITADEL. A rival of Dolkong and Cheongdam Dokki as a juvenile, he’s had a luckless career in terms of injury but showed signs of some form when 4th behind East Palos last time. If he finally gets it right, he could go very close. (2) YAHO SMART CAT is up in class but should be competitive while (3) CHEONJIGA is a prolific winner at this level and is one start into a comeback after a few months out. Expect improvement.
|Selections||(9) Dia Socks (4) East Palos (7) New Citadel (2) Yaho Smart Cat|
|Next Best||3, 10|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 8|