The Hong Kong Jockey Club licensing Committee has advised of the following jockey decisions:
Permission has been granted for Visiting Jockeys Hugh Bowman and Ryan Moore to ride ENJOYING and CHAMPION’S WAY respectively in The Hong Kong Classic Cup which is to be run at Sha Tin Racecourse on Sunday, 23 February 2020.
The Licensing Committee resolved to:
1. grant an extension of licence to Club Jockeys Neil Callan and Blake Shinn for the period 1 March 2020 to the conclusion of the current 2019/2020 racing season, both dates inclusive;
2. grant an extension of licence to Club Jockeys Alexis Badel and Lyle Hewitson to enable them to ride at the Sha Tin race meeting on 1 March 2020;
3. grant a Club Jockey’s licence to Vagner Borges for the period 1 March 2020 to 31 May 2020, both dates inclusive;
4. grant a Club Jockey’s licence to Aldo Domeyer for the period 29 March 2020 to the conclusion of the current 2019/2020 racing season, both dates inclusive; and
5. grant a licence to ride in races in Hong Kong to Apprentice Jockey Gary LO King Yeung for the period 29 March 2020 to the conclusion of the current 2019/2020 racing season inclusive, provided that Apprentice Lo is not permitted to ride in any race at Happy Valley Racecourse until permission is granted by Management.
A release in relation to which Trainer Apprentice Lo will be allocated to will be issued at the appropriate time.
Club Jockey Tony Piccone has been granted permission to fulfil a pre-existing riding commitment on PEDRO CARA in the H H The Amir Trophy which is to be run at Al Rayyan Racecourse, Qatar on Saturday, 22 February 2020.
Due to his return flight schedule, Jockey Piccone will not return to Hong Kong in sufficient time to be able to ride at the Sha Tin race meeting on Sunday, 23 February.
As such, he will not accept race riding engagements for this race meeting.
The Stewards have received advice from the Chief Medical Officer that Apprentice Jockey Victor C Wong, who has been indisposed for a prolonged period due to injuries he sustained in a track work incident on 29 May 2019, has been passed fit to resume riding in races. Apprentice Wong will be available to accept race riding engagements commencing at the Sha Tin race meeting on Sunday, 23 February 2020.
Hugh Bowman, picture Hong Kong Jockey Club