KOREA: Seoul Racecourse & Busan Racecourse – Sunday August 18, 2019
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Maidens to kick things off and (1) GOLD FIELD was a beaten favourite last time ending up in 4th place. She’s worth another chance here and with a slightly better start today could potentially lead all the way. Along with Gold Field, (5) KHAN ACE and (11) GOLDEN JAY are the only other two runners in the race to have a top-three finish to their name and the two of them should pose the biggest dangers to the favourite here. (6) KOREA DAEJANGBU has been knocking on the door of the places for a while now and may improve today while (8) DAEGUN OK is another who has the potential to improve.
|Selections||(1) Gold Field (5) Khan Ace (11) Golden Jay (6) Korea Daejangbu|
|Next Best||8, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 4|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(8) WHITE COMET showed improvement when running 3rd on what was just his second career start on July 14th. If he can continue his upward trajectory today, then he has an excellent chance of winning here. (6) JEJUI YOJEONG ran 4th in that race – the second consecutive time she has finished in that position and she can aim for a repeat here but bigger dangers to the favourite are likely to be (3) RAON HANNIBAL and (12) KAIZEN SILVER, who both come in having placed in their respective outings and who should both be in the mix once again. (7) JEONGMUN SARANG, who also has a 3rd place in his record, looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(8) White Comet (12) Kaizen Silver (3) Raon Hannibal (6) Jejui Yojeong|
|Next Best||7, 11|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 8|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maiden fillies here with precisely half the field having raced before. (5) P.K. HILL was the best of those, running a good 2nd over this trip on June 26th. It seems this race has been targeted for her return and from a good draw, she can lead all the way. Of the others who have race before, (1) BISANGDEUNG and (8) DASI DUSON, the latter the only one in the field to have raced twice prior to today, look most likely to improve. There are a couple of promising looking ones among the first-timers. (2) LION YEOJE and (7) RAON FIRST both ran 2nd in their trials, both in fast times and have every chance of going well first-up today.
|Selections||(5) P.K. Hill (7) Raon First (2) Lion Yeoje (8) Dasi Duson|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 5|
Seoul Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Competitive maiden but (11) GOLD LEVEL has the experience and just about the ability to finally get her maiden win at what will be the ninth attempt. She’s run 2nd at 1200M and comes in following a useful 4th over this trip last time. (10) TOUR DIA is the main danger as he really seems to be figuring things out with a 3rd and a 2nd from his latest two. He will try to get to the front from the start and if he manages it, may be difficult to get past. (3) TIZ ROSE has hinted at ability over three outings so far while (6) WIND SKY and (9) CRAZY QUEEN are others in the placing frame.
|Selections||(11) Gold Level (10) Tour Dia (3) Tiz Rose (9) Crazy Queen|
|Next Best||6, 5|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 10|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(10) MIGHTY LUCK will be strongly favoured to score here. After getting his maiden win over this distance in June, he ran 2nd on his first try at this class four weeks ago and while he’s drawn in the car park, he should be able to overcome that and win here, likely leading all the way. (1) SPADE MASHIE was a nice maiden winner last start and while up in class today should be competitive while (7) DREAM MONEY ran 4th on his first try at this level on his latest go and should be in the placing mix here too. (5) SPEED HEUKRYONG and (6) RAON MIRACLE are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(10) Mighty Luck (1) Spade Mashie (7) Dream Money (5) Speed Heukryong|
|Next Best||6, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 10|
Busan Race 2: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(8) SANGSEUNG POWER has been close on a number of occasions since returning to action in March following a lengthy absence. On his last start he beat a couple of these on his way to 3rd place at the distance and today he should get it right. (1) USEUNG STORY beat Sangseung Power on his way to a 20/1 win two starts back. He ran 10th when trying to repeat the feat three weeks ago but can be given another chance today. (7) TWO TWO CAPTAIN is up in class having registered a maiden win over a mile just two weeks ago and can be competitive while (2) TURBO SPEED and (12) ZET KING are others with claims.
|Selections||(8) Sangseung Power (1) Useung Story (7) Two Two Captain (12) Zet King|
|Next Best||2, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 7, 10|
Seoul Race 6: Class 5 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Small field but competitive. (4) BANGTANMA ran 8th in the Korean Oaks and then 6th in the Gyeonggi Governor’s Cup. She then finished 3rd on her return to regular company over 1300M last start. She looks to still have improvement in her and can win here. (3) GOD OF SOCKS looks the main danger. He comes in having run 2nd at class and distance a month ago and should be close. (2) BAEKDUI TAEYANG has run 4th in each of his three latest outings and can at least maintain that consistency here. (5) SINGGEUREOUN TIME and (6) WUJEONGUI HYANGGI are others with placing chances.
|Selections||(4) Bangtanma (3) God Of Socks (5) Singgeureoun Time (2) Baekdui Taeyang|
|Fast Start||3, 4|
Busan Race 3: Class 5 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(7) SAMSEONG DOKKI is up in class after a good win in a fast time (though very wet and fast track) at this distance on July 19th. That was just his second career start and he came from well off the pace to win. This is a considerably stiffer ask but he looks to have plenty of potential for further development. (8) NUMBER ONE STAR was beaten favourite in 4th last start although he still managed to beat a couple of these along the way and he can be a threat today. (4) URANUS J and (5) CHANGE BACK are both better than their latest outings suggest and should be in the hunt too. (2) TORNADO KING is best of the rest.
|Selections||(7) Samseong Dokki (8) Number One Star (4) Uranus J (5) Change Back|
|Fast Start||1, 2|
Seoul Race 7 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(8) MENI SPEED was a touch disappointing when running 5th as 2nd favourite at class and distance on July 20th. It wasn’t a bad performance though and his form before that is good enough to suggest he warrants another chance here. (6) CHUNGDAM HORANGI has raced only four times but three off them have been at this distance and he steps up in class here after a second runner-up finish. He looks like he has a win in him at some point and it could be here. (4) JUNGDONG DOKJU ran a creditable 6th in a better race than this on his first try at the level at the end of July and can build on it today while (3) DAL SUNI and (7) FIORE are both better than their latest efforts suggest and both can aim to place.
|Selections||(8) Meni Speed (6) Chungdam Horangi (4) Jungdong Dokju (3) Dal Suni|
|Next Best||7, 2|
|Fast Start||3, 4|
Busan Race 4: Class 4 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(2) RAJPUTANA is rapidly up in class having won two of his three starts to date. He is up in trip to a mile for the first time too so this is going to be a challenge, but he could well be equal to it. Also up in class is (4) YEONGGWANGUI CHEER although in his case it follows on from an emphatic win at this distance on July 12th and he has solid claims for a repeat. (11) NANGMAN JEONSA was a shock class and distance winner on a wet track last month and while a repeat is unlikely, is worthy of more respect today. (1) MUJEOK VETERAN was 2nd in that race and will be expected to overturn the form here. (5) BUNDANUIBYEOKNEOME, who suffered his first defeat on his latest outing, is another with a chance.
|Selections||(2) Rajputana (4) Yeonggwangui Cheer (5) Bundanuibyeokneome (1) Mujeok Veteran|
|Next Best||11, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 10|
Seoul Race 8: Class 4 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(3) ACHIEVE is set to be the banker favourite of the day here. He’s won two of three starts so far, making all last time for an easy win over 1300M. He’s up in class and distance here but neither should be an issue and he surely wins again. (7) MYEONGJIN MAN has been 2nd in both his latest two and could well make it a hat-trick of near misses today – he certainly looks best placed to take advantage should the favourite make any mistakes. (4) DELTA BROTHER and (6) EAST KINGDOM are both proven money winners at this level and can aim for places as can (1) HAENGBOK STAR.
|Selections||(3) Achieve (7) Myeongjin Man (6) East Kingdom (4) Delta Brother|
|Next Best||1, 2|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 6, 7|
Busan Race 5: Class Open “The KNN Cup” (KOR G3) 1600M / Allowance / KRW 500 Million
The second leg of the Queens’ Tour Series and few will be betting against Ttukseom Cup winner (9) SILVER WOLF to add another Stakes victory to her name. She is by some margin the best filly or mare in Korea and is capable of winning from the front or from behind. She will be the prohibitive favourite. Silver Wolf is now seven-years-old and there is finally a glimpse of some future promise coming up behind her. (3) THUNDER MARK has won her latest two races very well and while this may be a little too much too soon in terms of her facing the great mare, she looks to be the clear second choice. She didn’t run in the Ttukseom Cup but (2) DAMYANG HWANHO did and was 2nd to Silver Wolf. Accordingly, she also has claims to go close today. (1) I’M YOUR LEMON and last year’s Gyeongnam Governor’s Cup winner (5) SKY BAY are also credible placing chances.
|Selections||(9) Silver Wolf (3) Thunder Mark (2) Damyang Hwanho (5) Sky Bay|
|Next Best||1, 7, 10|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4, 7, 13, 14|
Seoul Race 9: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
It took (6) PRIVATE MAN eight attempts to win but he evidently enjoyed it as he has now won two in a row. He’s up in class here but nicely weighted and completing a hat-trick today is eminently possible. (3) FIGHTING LANGFUHR remains a maiden after five starts but has a pair of runner-up finishes to his name. He’s one start into a comeback following six months off and should improve on the 5th he scored on return last month. (1) GEUMSEONG YEOWANG was a creditable 4th on her first try at this level in early July and can build on that today while (4) YORI JORI should appreciate the drop back in trip today. (10) JEONGSANG SMART is the wildcard, having run 4th on debut at 1000M a month ago.
|Selections||(6) Private Man (3) Fighting Langfuhr (1) Geumseong Yeowang (4) Yori Jori|
|Next Best||10, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 6, 10|
Busan Race 6: Class 1 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 110 Million
Small field for Busan’s feature and (3) SILLAUI JEONSEOL, winner of a similar event over 1200M a month ago, looks the one to beat again. He carries a nice light weight and is certainly the form horse. His main rival may be his stablemate. (8) KING OF ACE is back from a lengthy spell but is hugely talented and looked superb when cruising through a trial a couple of weeks ago. (2) MORNING DAERO is an honest campaigner who is usually not too far away while (4) HI SEXY and (6) DYNAMIC DASH are others who can place.
|Selections||(3) Sillaui Jeonseol (8) King Of Ace (2) Morning Daero (4) Hi Sexy|
|Next Best||6, 7|
|Fast Start||4, 6|
Seoul Race 10: Class 4 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(3) BEYOND OVER comes in following a string of near-misses, most recently 3rd place in a good race over class and distance on July 27th. She hasn’t been favourite for any of those but she probably will be today and this time she can come out on top, coming from off the pace with a strong finish. (6) BAEKDUUI JEONGSANG ran a strong 2nd last start. He seems to go well for Alan Munro and another good performance looks on the cards. (9) MONEY ZIF and (10) NAM SON are both capable of money finishes in this company while (7) JANGSAN JEGUK is perhaps best of the rest.
|Selections||(3) Beyond Over (6) Baekduui Jeongsang (9) Money Zif (10) Nam Son|
|Next Best||7, 12|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 5, 7|
Seoul Race 11: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
Competitive race to finish with. (2) CHARON BLADE perhaps has the edge though, despite being up in class and distance after a very good win over 1000M a month ago. She’s won three from seven in total and while all of them have been at the minimum distance, the way she finished last time suggests she can win at further too. (4) TOHAMSAN POWER won back to back races in May and June to get promoted to this class, running 2nd over 1400M on his first crack at it last month and he looks like being the main danger along with (10) HEUNG BUJA. The filly drops back in trip after a 2nd place in the Korean Oaks and a win last time at 1700M and makes for a very interesting entry here. (5) YAHO THUNDER CAT and (7) LUXURY HAPPY are best of the rest.
|Selections||(2) Charon Blade (4) Tohamsan Power (10) Heung Buja (5) Yaho Thunder Cat|
|Next Best||7, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 6|