KOREA: Seoul Racecourse – Saturday May 25, 2019
Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Weak but competitive maiden to open with. We’ll go with (12) KOOKA CAT to defy the widest gate and claims the spoils. Having won a trial on March, he beat a couple of these on is way to 5th place on debut four weeks ago and looks to have the most potential for quick improvement. (4) DALLYEORA SOKBO was a significantly improved 4th on his latest outing three weeks ago and can continue his progress here while (10) WONDEFUL MARINE and (11) QUEEN STREET have both hinted at some ability and can win money in this type of company. (5) SIMON QUEEN steps up in trip for the first time and the jockey booking will have some taking note.
|Selections||(12) Kooka Cat (4) Dallyeora Sokbo (10) Wonderful Marine (5) Simon Queen|
|Next Best||11, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 7, 10|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
The first two-year-old of the season is spotted here although (1) GAGANA didn’t offer much in his trial and won’t be fancied in this maiden. (4) SAMAE JILJU is the most experienced in this field and accordingly is the one to beat. She was a close at hand 4th last start and won’t need to improve very much to win this. (5) SINGSING JANGSU offered little on debut all the way back in January but was competent and fast, albeit on a wet track, in a trial at the end of April and will be expected to go much better today. (8) AUSPICE was a touch disappointing on his debut in March but previously trialled well and should have come on for the experience. (9) CUPID YEOWANG has a2nd place to her name already and can’t be completely overlooked while of the first-time starters, (12) GEUMA IMPECCABLE looks the pick.
|Selections||(4) Samae Jilju (8) Auspice (5) Singsing Jangsu (12) Geuma Impeccable|
|Next Best||9, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 6, 8|
Race 3: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(5) VICTORY MAY has a 4th and a 2nd in two starts so far, both at this distance. She led for much of her latest outing on April 13th only to be taken down late by a good winner and should have too much for this field. (8) CAPTAIN BEST was poor on debut on a wet track to the extent that he was sent back to trial. He came through that rather well and can improve today. Of the debut-makers, (2) BISAYEON looks the pick. While his half-siblings have been ordinary, to say the least, he looked good trialling in April and can go well in this modest company first-up. (9) NONSTOP HAENGJIN and (10) COLORS WING are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(5) Victory May (2) Bisayeon (8) Captain Best (9) Nonstop Haengjin|
|Next Best||10, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 8, 12|
Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Maiden fillies only. (8) TO THE VICTORY has been getting closer and was 3rd last time out on a muddy track at this distance on April 28th. She only needs a top three finish to be up in class next time and she can exit the bottom level of racing with a win here. (3) HWANGGEUM STAR overcame a poor start to run an improved 5th on what was just her second appearance last month. She can continue to improve today, while (9) MYEONGMA JILJU drops back in trip following two goes around 1700M. She ran 2nd in the first of those but weakened in the wet last time and may be suited more by today’s test. Of the two debut-makers, (2) WHITE QUEEN is from and in-form stable and looked capable in trials.
|Selections||(8) To The Victory (3) Hwanggeum Star (9) Myeongma Jilju (2) White Queen|
|Next Best||5, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 8|
Race 5: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(2) INDY LADY enters in good form, specifically her latest effort when she ran a close 2nd in a good race over class and distance having led for much of the way around. From gate 2 she should be on pace again and under visiting jockey Seo Seung-un, can win. (1) GEOTAP and (12) SEMYEONG STORM are both up in class having registered maiden wins on their respective latest outings. The latter looks significantly better equipped for this level and while he will need to overcome the outside gate, can be a big danger. (3) JEONGSANG MANSE and (4) TAEPUNG EYES are both experienced at this level and shouldn’t be too far away while (5) EX BLADE did nothing wrong in 6th on his first try at this class a month ago and can get closer this time.
|Selections||(2) Indy Lady (12) Semyeong Storm (3) Jeongsang Manse (5) Ex Blade|
|Next Best||4, 9|
|Fast Start||2, 7, 12|
Race 6: Class 4 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(5) MUNHAK WINNER has shown good promise in running 4th and 2nd in two starts to date at 1000M and 1300M. He should be on pace here and has every chance of leading all the way. (6) GEUMA ANNUITY has been knocking on the door for some time now with a pair of 2nd places and a 4th from his latest three. He’s giving weight to all his rivals here, but a win shouldn’t be too far away. (9) KKEULEOJUNEUN SON remains a maiden after seventeen attempts but is capable of finding the money in this company and shouldn’t be too far away. There are three debut-makers and of them, (1) TAP FLYING looks to be the pick. He went well in a trial two weeks ago and the jockey booking is sure to tempt plenty while (10) BIG GARLAND is another long-term maiden but has run well in two starts since returning from a layoff and can be competitive here.
|Selections||(5) Munhak Winner (6) Geuma Annuity (1) Tap Flying (10) Big Garland|
|Next Best||9, 12|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 6, 8|
Race 7: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(4) RAON STORM is up rapidly in class having won two of three outings so far. He’s made all in both of those and while he steps up from the minimum distance for the first time today, he could well complete his hat-trick. (7) BAEKSAN FORCE was denied by the strong finishing Best Bullet on her latest outing a month ago and should be close again, while (8) BIG THUNDER enters off the back of consecutive 3rd place finishes and can go close again. (11) FIRENZE HILL is up in class after too many near-misses at class 5 and while the distance is a question mark – just like Raon Storm, it’s his first try at further than five furlongs – he can be competitive. (6) SEOUL QUEEN looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(4) Raon Storm (7) Baeksan Force (8) Big Thunder (11) Firenze Hill|
|Next Best||8, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 7, 9|
Race 8: Class 5 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Wide open race with any number of potential winners. (11) LUCKY BONGHWA beat three of these on his was to 4th place at class and distance on April 21st, despite not running on especially well. He remains a maiden after seventeen attempts, but this looks to be his best chance to put that right. Also still a maiden is (10) DAE UNHA. He ran 5th on his first try at this distance four weeks ago and under Alan Munro can get closer today. (3) CHEON GOE SEONG tackles the trip for the first time. He’s run on well in his previous outings at shorter distances and today may well suit. He’s likely to be on pace early. (2) BULHUUI MYEONGGOG and (6) STAR LIST are others who should be in at least the placing frame.
|Selections||(11) Lucky Bonghwa (10) Dae Unha (3) Cheon Goe Seong (2) Bulhuui Myeonggog|
|Next Best||6, 7|
|Fast Start||3, 7|
Race 9: Class 3 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
Another very competitive race. (5) GRAND DOLPUNG certainly caught the eye when scoring by five-lengths over this distance on April 21st. He is up in class as a result but should be able to deal with that and looks nicely placed to get on or close to the pace early and potentially go all the way. There are a few others up in class too with (6) CHANGE MAKER perhaps best equipped among them to make an immediate impact at this level. Of those with experience at class 3, five of them raced each other over this distance on April 27th. That day (9) LEGEND KING somewhat surprisingly came out on top. Accordingly, he warrants respect here although (7) HEUNGBOK DREAM and (3) BENEDICT are favoured to overturn that form.
|Selections||(5) Grand Dolpung (6) Change Maker (7) Heungbok Dream (3) Benedict|
|Next Best||9, 4|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 12|
Race 10: Class 2 (2000M) Allowance / KRW 90 Million
(8) WONDERFUL CHAMPION ground out a narrow win over 1700M on March 31st and while he does carry additional weight today, has as good a chance as any in this ultra-competitive race. He’ll be close to the front from the start and as long as he can handle 2000M for the first time, can win again. The experienced (10) HWANGGEUM BISANG has performed well at this distance before and enters with recent form reading well. He’ll be ridden patiently and can mop up plenty late on. (4) HONEY BUTTER NINO and (9) SMART PARK came home 3rd and 4th respectively when they raced each other at 1900M on April 13th. The former has since raced again underwhelmingly, but both can enter consideration here. (5) THEME DEUNGGEUK is the intriguing one. He’s down in class after losing his way at class 1 and with an apprentice jockey lightening his load, could be very interesting.
|Selections||(8) Wonderful Champion (10) Hwanggeum Bisang (5) Theme Deunggeuk (9) Smart Park|
|Next Best||4, 6|
|Fast Start||4, 8|
Race 11: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(12) BEST BULLET comes in off the back of two very impressive wins, the latest a strong finish at class and distance to win by five-lengths on April 28th. He carries an extra 4kg today, but he can overcome it and make it three in a row, coming through late on after the early speed has set it up for him. (1) YAHO THUNDER CAT was nicely eye-catching too when winning by a cool six-lengths over 1300M on April 20th. Up in both class and distance today, he is beautifully weighted and could add to his already impressive resume. He’ll be joined on the early pace by (3) ACE SOLONGO, another up in class after a good win last time and who should go well here. (4) HAE HU and (6) DANCING BLADE are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(12) Best Bullet (1) Yaho Thunder Cat (3) Ace Solongo (4) Hae Hu|
|Next Best||6, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4|