KOREA: Seoul Racecourse – Saturday April 27, 2019
Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Not the strongest of maidens to kick things off with and that could give (1) CARROT SEEKER the chance to finally make his breakthrough. He’s run well enough for 4th in his latest two outings, both at this distance, and has as good a chance as any here. (2) DALLINEUN UNGJI comes in following a 2nd place finish in his most recent start and steps back up in distance today looking the main danger. He’s likely to be on the lead early alongside (10) I’M HAPPY and (6) CHEONHA YEOJE who came home 3rd and 5th respectively when they raced each other over 1000M on March 10th and should be in the hunt as well. (8) IL MARE looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(1) Carrot Seeker (2) Dallineun Ungji (10) I’m Happy (6) Cheonha Yeoje|
|Next Best||8, 4|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 9, 10|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Maiden fillies only here. (2) SEOUL CITY improved on what was her second career start over this distance on March 24th, running 3rd and she won’t need to get much better in order to win what is a weak affair. The same is true for (7) HWANGGEUM DOYAJI, who ran 5th on debut in a different race on the same day, having started poorly, and (12) CHODONG BOBAE, who returns for the first time since last autumn when she registered back to back 4th place finishes. She was slow in a trial last month but couldn’t ask for a softer race to return in. It’s also a nice race to debut in and Simon Foster’s (10) KOOKA CAT won a trial at the end of March and could go well first-up today.
|Selections||(7) Hwanggeum Doyaji (10) Kooka Cat (2) Seoul City (12) Chodong Bobae|
|Next Best||5, 4|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 6, 10|
Race 3: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
More maiden fillies but this heat looks a little stronger. (1) RUNNUNG BOX ran 2nd on debut over 1300M behind a colt who went on to win again last week. From the inside gate he should be on pace from the start and is favoured to go one better today. (4) SEONGPAJANG too finished runner-up on debut a month ago and while she has a little more to find, she’ll be on pace as well and could go close. (12) GEOM HYANG improved significantly on her second start three weeks ago, running a close 3rd and can build on that momentum today while (2) GOLDEN JAY and first-time starter (6) COLORS WING are others who can be considered.
|Selections||(1) Runnung Box (12) Geom Hyang (4) Seongpajang (6) Colors Wing|
|Next Best||2, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 4, 7|
Race 4: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
More fillies all this time it’s not a maiden. (2) UDAERYUNG was a winner on debut in January and has since run 5th and 3rd in two starts at this level, the latest of which was over this distance on March 23rd. She’ll aim to lead here and is the one to beat. (10) INDY LADY has also proven herself effective at this level with a 2nd and a 3rd place from her two most recent. She’s run best when making all so if she can overcome the wide draw, has solid claims to go close. (3) GENERAL ROSE is up in class having registered her maiden win with a five-length score at this distance last month She’ll need more improvement in this company but has potential. (4) MASYA and (7) SILVER LION, the latter and improved 2nd behind a very good winner last time, look best of the rest.
|Selections||(2) Udaeryung (10) Indy Lady (3) General Rose (7) Silver Lion|
|Next Best||4, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 7, 8, 10|
Race 5: Class 4 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(10) ACTIMON ran 2nd in a decent race at class and distance on March 24th, coming form off the pace to finish strongly. There will likely be similar tactics today and he can go one better. (7) EONEU MEOTJIN NAL ran 4th in that race, a couple of lengths in arrears. Jockey Moon Se Young gets on Actimon this time but there’s a more than adequate replacement in Alan Munro and he can get closer today. (2) GEUMA ANNUITY comes in having run 2nd in both his latest two outings. He’ll be on the early speed here but may have to settle for another runner-up finish. (1) PREEM VISION and (11) HWANG GEUM SAJA are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(10) Actimon (2) Geuma Annuity (11) Hwang Geum Saja (7) Eoneu Meotjin Nal|
|Next Best||1, 12|
|Fast Start||2, 7, 10|
Race 6: Class 4 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
Eleven imported maidens here. (9) FASHION PEOPLE is the only one who has so far managed to finish on the board with a 2nd place back in February but others are more favoured here. (4) ALL THAT KOREA doesn’t exactly leap off the page of the form guide, but he has put up some decent numbers so far, especially when finishing 5th last start. He may well progress here. (3) P N S JEFF was an improved 4th last time out and should be on the pace here with a good chance of going close. (5) GAON JILJU and (7) CUPID GUY are others to look out for.
|Selections||(4) All That Korea (3) P N S Jeff (7) Cupid Guy (5) Gaon Jilju|
|Next Best||9m 8|
|Fast Start||3, 8, 9, 11|
Race 7: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(10) HEUK JEONSA certainly caught the eye when making all to win by ten-lengths on March 31st. It was his second straight win and means that he is rapidly up in class here. We’re going to stick with him today. Also up in class is (12) RAON KEVIN. Both his wins have come at the minimum distance and he will need to overcome the widest gate to get on speed, but he should be competitive. (3) JILPUNG GANGJA is established at this class already, having run 2nd to the very useful Gyoryong Unu over 1000M a month ago. He tackles further than the minimum for the first time today. (5) JEONGSANG ETTEUM and (8) MENI SMART others to watch.
|Selections||(10) Heuk Jeonsa (12) Raon Kevin (3) Jilpung Gangja (8) Meni Smart|
|Next Best||5, 6|
|Fast Start||3, 7, 8, 12|
Race 8: Class 5 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(1) FEATHER LIGHT remains a maiden after seven attempts but has been no worse than 3rd in any of her latest four efforts, two of them at this distance. She looks like she has more improvement in her and could make her breakthrough here. It won’t be easy though. (4) RAYMOND’s only victory to date came via a disqualification but a previous try at this distance went well and he looks to be strongly in the hunt here. (8) GEUMA SUPREME is up in class having come from well off the pace to score at this distance on March 23rd and has plenty of potential for more. (9) BETTINA and (2) QUEEN OF CAMP came home came home 2nd and 3rd at class and distance at the end of March and both look firmly in the frame again.
|Selections||(8) Geuma Supreme (1) Feather Light (4) Raymond (2) Queen Of Camp|
|Next Best||9, 12|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 10, 11|
Race 9: Class 3 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(8) SENTA POBA beat three of these on his way to 2nd place at this class over 1700M on March 30th. He’s performed well at this distance before and with Moon Se Young taking over in the saddle today, he can win. (5) SWEET ROCK ran 5th over 1900M at this class last time. She’s been racing in stiff company and should find the opposition more amenable here. (2) SEUNGNISARANG was 3rd last start in a good race at 1700M and should be dangerous too. (3) JUMBO CAPTAIN and (11) SPEED IS KHAN are others to take into account.
|Selections||(8) Senta Poba (5) Sweet Rock (2) Seungnisarang (3) Jumbo Captain|
|Next Best||11, 9|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 7, 11|
Race 10: Class 3 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(11) DARK PLAYER beat three of these when 2nd – just half a length behind the winner – on March 24th. It’s his first time up this distance today but expect him to look to get to the front early and potentially to lead all the way. (7) BENEDICT was 3rd in that race, just a length behind and is likely to be one of the major threats here. He too is expected to be on pace early. (9) DONGBANGUI GIEOK remains a maiden after nine attempts but has been knocking on the door for some time now and should be close. (6) SEOUL TANK and (8) HAWAII BOSS are other contenders.
|Selections||(11) Dark Player (9) Dongbangui Gieok (7) Benedict (8) Hawaii Boss|
|Next Best||6, 5|
|Fast Start||3, 7, 11|
Race 11: Class 2 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
Competitive handicap to finish with. (7) SEOURI BYEOL is developing into one of the top fillies at the track and her win rate may not be that impressive, she has taken her chance in tough races against high quality opposition. She drops back to one-turn here for the first time in a while and looks very nicely in. (1) GIO STAR on the other hand, goes back up in trip. He ran a solid 3rd over 1200M last time out and can build on it here. (11) COVERGIRL JUSTICE is up in class having won her latest two in fine fashion. She needs to overcome the wide draw to lead but has potential for more development. (3) THANK YOU CHARLIE has been inconsistent across his eight starts so far, but has plenty of talent and will be dangerous. (12) RAON PORTEOUS is another up in class and could be an interesting outsider.
|Selections||(7) Seouri Byeol (11) Covergirl Justice (3) Thank You Charlie (1) Gio Star|
|Next Best||12, 5|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 11, 12|