KOREA: Seoul Racecourse – Saturday April 20, 2019
Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(10) HOPE KINGDOM has a best of 2nd which came at this distance in February. He comes in having run 5th in a much stiffer contest than this last time and will take some beating here. (6) FLOWER ROAD has improved across three starts so far and has scope for more development while (9) CHEONGDAM JEPAE has been knocking on the door for some time now and shouldn’t be far away. (2) CHOEGANG DIA and (4) HAWK ARIRANG are others who can improve.
|Selections||(10) Hope Kingdom (6) Flower Road (9) Cheongdam Jepae (2) Choegang Dia|
|Next Best||4, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 9, 12|
Race 2: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
After a strong of 4th place finishes, (2) NEW PARADIGM improved to 2nd last start in an all-filly race at this distance. She’s nicely drawn to get on pace here and could well lead all the way. She’ll be joined at the front by (1) SEMYEONG STORM, who ran a close at hand 4th on what was just his second outing three weeks ago and he looks primed for more improvement here, as does (9) CHEONJI POKPUNG, who has come close in each of his three latest efforts. (3) PRIVATE MAN and (6) BEST SINHWA are others in at least the placing hunt.
|Selections||(2) New Paradigm (1) Semyeong Storm (9) Cheonji Pokpung (3) Private Man|
|Next Best||6, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 6|
Race 3: Class 5 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
After two 3rd place finishes, (4) SIMJANGUI GODONG got his maiden win at the third time of asking, scoring by a length over 1300M on March 24th. He’s up in class and distance today but neither should be a problem and he can make it two in a row. It took (2) NANGMAN STAR twenty-six attempts to get his first win, which he final did last start. It was at this class and distance and while he carries an extra couple if kilos today, a repeat is not impossible. (10) FLYING JOY comes in with recent form reading well and should go close while (1) GALAXY PEACE, another up in class and distance after a maiden win, and (11) BULHUUI MYOENGGOG, are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(4) Simjangui Godong (2) Nangman Star (10) Flying Joy (1) Galaxy Peace|
|Next Best||11, 3|
|Fast Start||4, 10|
Race 4: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(8) BLACK PARTY registered her maiden win at the fourth attempt with a front-running performance over 1300M a month ago. She’s up in class here but the stable is in form and a repeat looks on the cards here. (3) LUMINESCE was just beaten out by a nose at this distance in February before running 5th on his latest effort. He can come from just off the pace here and should be a threat. (2) TRI THUNDER usually runs into one or two too quick but can hold her own at this level while (1) CHOM NIA and (4) BOLD NINER are placing chances too.
|Selections||(8) Black Party (3) Luminesce (4) Bold Niner (2) Tri Thunder|
|Next Best||1, 5|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 8|
Race 5: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
Fillies and mares only. Four of these raced each other at class and distance on March 17th and it was (2) YORI JORI who finished the best of the in 2nd place, albeit twelve-lengths behind a strong winner. She was almost 40/1 that day but will warrant more respect today. That said, (6) EMORY SOCKS has a decent shout at overturning that form. He should be looking to get to the front early here and if he can do that, he can win. (1) SOULY MAJESTIC was an also-ran that day but has potential to improve. Among those that didn’t go in that race, (8) JOUNIGA and (9) SEOUL QUEEN look to be the best.
|Selections||(6) Emory Socks (8) Jouniga (2) Yori Jori (1) Souly Majestic|
|Next Best||9, 4|
|Fast Start||5, 6, 11, 12|
Race 6: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(3) NIMUI HYANGGI has won two of his latest three to be rapidly promoted to this level. He made all both times and while this is a stiffer task, he could well be equal to it. It’s a similar story for (4) GEUMSEONGHWANGJE, who similarly steps up in class having won two of his last three as well. For him it’s a first venture beyond the minimum distance but there’s no reason to believe he’s not up to it. (7) UNDEFEATED is anything but, however, he beat three of these on his way to 4th place at class and distance on March 24th and has claims to go even closer today. (5) DELTA K and (6) THE PRIMA are others with designs on at least a place.
|Selections||(3) Nimui Hyanggi (4) Geumseonghwangje (7) Undefeated (6) The Prima|
|Next Best||5, 11|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4, 6,9|
Race 7: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(3) MAGPIE finished as runner-up on debut but has since racked up two good wins, both at this distance. She’s up in class again today but a hat-trick is not impossible. (9) LUCAS was a 58/1 winner at class and distance on a wet track on March 23rd and accordingly warrants respect here. (2) YAHO THUNDER CAT was 3rd in that race having started as favourite and will be backed to overturn the form today. He’s never finished worse than 3rd in five starts to date and should, at the very least, be maintain that record today. (10) GLOBAL CHEONHA was an eight-length winner at this distance last month and steps up in class with little to fear. (6) NAM SON looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(2) Yaho Thunder Cat (3) Magpie (10) Global Cheonha (9) Lucas|
|Next Best||6, 8|
|Fast Start||4, 8, 10|
Race 8: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(9) MUNHAK TSUNAMI struggled in the strong Nonghyup Chairman’s Trophy last November but has performed creditably in three starts since, despite not winning any of them. He comes in having run 3rd in a similarly good race to this over 1400M on March 2nd and can win here. (3) AMAZING SOCKS has been a revelation since returning from three months off, winning two and running 2nd in the other. In finishing runner-up last time, he beat four of those who also go here and has a chance of going one better today. (1) CRAZY WIKI is up in class after back to back runner-up finishes, both times behind decent looking winners. (8) NAUI BICHYEO and (12) M J POWER are others in the placing hunt.
|Selections||(9) Munhak Tsunami (3) Amazing Socks (1) Crazy Wiki (12) M J Power|
|Next Best||8, 4|
|Fast Start||3,4, 6, 11, 12|
Race 9: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(8) DANCING BLADE has won her latest two in fine fashion, the latter at this distance and with three others who go her trailing behind her. She’s favoured to come from just off the pace to make it three in a row here. (4) TAMNA KING drops back in trip for the first time in a long time but is a capable type and can push the favourite close while (11) HEUNG BARAM steps up to this distance for the first time with good claims go well too. (5) BAEKSAN GUNJU and (9) GEOSEN MAPUNG are others who should be battling it out for at least minor money.
|Selections||(8) Dancing Blade (4) Tamna King (11) Heung Baram (5) Baeksan Gunju|
|Next Best||9, 12|
|Fast Start||6, 9, 10, 12|
Race 10: Class 2 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 90 Million
A winner of three from seven across a slightly interrupted career, (12) SPEED JOY comes in having finished 4th over 1400M at this class last time. He steps up to two turns for the first time today and while he has to contend with top weight, he’s the one to beat. (5) GOLD MOUNTAIN beat three of these on his way to 3rd place over 1800M last month. (8) SIMPLE LIFE, ho was 6th in that race, will be expected to overturn the form today. (9) COMPLETE SWEEP comes in after back to back 3rd place finishes and can aim to at least match those here. (2) HWANGGEUM BISANG looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(12) Speed Joy (8) Simple Life (9) Complete Sweep (2) Hwanggeum Bisang|
|Next Best||6, 5|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 8, 9|
Race 11: Class 1 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 110 Million
(7) FLYING CHAMP ran 2nd to Another Smart One at class and distance on March 24th, finishing strongly. It looks like he has class 1 wins in him, and this race looks ideal. (11) SINUI MYEONGRYEONG found himself outclassed in the Owners’ Cup last month but should be much more comfortable today while (2) RAON MAGIC didn’t do himself justice behind Flying Champ last time but can be given a chance to improve today. (1) P.K. PARTY returns for the first time since last June and trialled up well two weeks ago. (5) MIRAE YEONGUNG is also one start into his latest comeback and is another who could return to form.
|Selections||(7) Flying Champ (11) Sinui Myeongryeong (1) P.K. Party (2) Raon Magic|
|Next Best||5, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 4, 11|