Korea: Seoul Racecourse – Saturday August 18, 2018
Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(1) HANIL DALBIT will be hard to beat here. He came very close to getting his maiden win back in April and last time out finished 3rd, well clear of four of his rivals here over 1200M. He’ll be on pace from the gate and should have too much. (9) ISCRA has finished 4th and 3rd in his two starts to date and while he has been extremely well beaten in both of them, looks to have more about him than most here. (7) WANY K’s three consecutive 6th place finishes have been in stiffer company than this and she should improve today. (6) BEST LEVEL is, along with Hanil Dalbit, one of just two to have a 2nd place finish to his name and while he was well back behind the favourite last time, can get closer today. Debut-maker (2) SEOKGWA BULSIK trialed competently enough and may be considered for some minor money first-up.
|Selections||(1) Hanil Dalbit (7) Wany K (9) Iscra (6) Best Level|
|Next Best||2, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 3|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Another weak maiden and (5) SOKBO WANGWI could be the one to make the breakthrough. She drops back to the distance at which she secured her solitary 2nd place to date at back in May and comes in off a useful 4th at 1200M a month ago. A similar performance to either of those runs could see her home on top. (8) LUCAS ran encouragingly on debut in June and is probably worth another chance despite flopping on re-appearance four weeks ago while (7) GWANGPOK JUHAENG has shown a couple of glimpses of ability and can improve today. (6) ULTRA MISSILE will likely set the early pace and can hang on for a place while (3) FAPP CAT showed a slight sign of improvement on his latest.
|Selections||(5) Sokbo Wangwi (8) Lucas (7) Gwangpok Juhaeng (3) Fapp Cat|
Race 3: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(7) LOVELY NUTE is up in class following an eye-catching seven-length win on her return from seven months off three weeks ago. She drops back kin trip as well but can get on pace early here and win again. (9) YEOWOORI remains a maiden after nine attempts but was only beaten a half-length at this class over 1200M last time and looks a big danger here. (6) KKEULEOJUNEUN SON also came close to getting her maiden win last time, just running out of track as she closed to within half a length of the winner on July 21st. She beat three of these in the process and it’s not impossible she could get that elusive first win. (1) BEST MAID and (4) DAMON ANGEL, the latter up in class, are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(7) Lovely Nute (6) Kkeuleojuneun Son (4) Damon Angel (9) Yeowoori|
|Next Best||1, 3|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 7|
Race 4: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(2) UNDEFEATED, who is now anything but, looks ready to win again. He disappointed in 5th place when favourite at 1300M on July 22nd, finishing 5th but steps back in trip today and can win. Manoel Nunes rode Undefeated in the colt’s latest two outings but he gets on (6) BAEKDUUI JEONGSANG today. He’s got a 2nd and a 3rd in two starts at this level so far and will join Undefeated on the early pace with a solid chance of going all the way. (7) JUMBO CAPTAIN was 4th in that race behind Baekduui Jeongsang and can look to match or better today. (5) BACK TO BACK has been a little underwhelming in his recent efforts but could improve here and along with (4) HANIL MAGIC, looks to be best of the rest. (9) GEUMA GLORY steps up in class following a win on debut at 1000M but will need to improve.
|Selections||(2) Undefeated (6) Baekduui Jeongsang (5) Back To Back (7) Jumbo Captain|
|Next Best||4, 9|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 6, 9|
Race 5: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(6) MIRACLE HANSEN enters off back to back 2nd place finishes, both at class and distance and really should be going one better today. He led until close to home last time and with Lee Chan Ho in the saddle today, can hold on this time. (8) WINNING WIN came from well off the pace to score a class and distance victory on July 21st. He doesn’t carry too much extra weight here and can go very close again for a stable that has come into form. (4) MYEONGPUM BOBAE, a stablemate of Miracle Hansen, was also a class and distance winner on his latest run and while that was all the way back in April, he too can be a danger. (9) KWAEHAN YEBONGSAN, another who comes in following consecutive runner-up finishes, and (12) GANGCHONUI BYEOL are others to look out for.
|Selections||(6) Miracle Hansen (8) Winning Win (4) Myeongpum Bobae (9) Kwaehan Yebongsan|
|Next Best||12, 3|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 6, 9|
Race 6: Class 5 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Small field but it’s a tricky one to solve. (7) JEONGSANG MANSE is the slight pick. He ran well for 3rd over 1400M last start on July 22nd and steps back up to a distance at which he has run well at before, albeit before a very lengthy layoff between July of last year and May of this. (2) DUMANGANG was 4th in that race on July 22nd, a length behind Jeongsang Manse. He too has acquitted himself well at 1700M and can go close here. It’s a similar story with (8) MAMKKEOT DALYEO, who ran a class and distance 2nd in April but has been a little cold since then. David Breux partners for the first time and he could improve. (1) BEAUTIFUL ASIA and (4) BEST VICTORY are unlikely to be too far away either and could be backed for a place.
|Selections||(7) Jeongsang Manse (2) Dumangang (8) Mamkkeot Dalyeo (1) Beautiful Asia|
|Next Best||4, 5|
|Fast Start||4, 7|
Race 7: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(8) WONDERFUL LUCKY ran 2nd in what was arguably a better race than this at class and distance on July 21st. Both his previous wins have come at 1700M and he could be the one to beat here. (9) KYE RI ran 4th behind Wonderful Captain in that July 21st race and actually beat him when they met in June and will be a danger, as will (6) INCHEON CHAMP, who enters off two solid runs at the distance and looks to still have improvement in him. (7) KYMA is up in class having also run solidly of late and the very experienced six-year-old can be involved here. (3) SEONGEUN GANGJA looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(8) Wonderful Lucky (9) Kye Ri (6) Incheon Champ (7) Kyma|
|Next Best||3, 4|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 10|
Race 8: Class 4 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
A rare valuable maiden for imported juveniles and it features seven first-time starters. Of the three who have raced before, (7) THANK YOU CHARLIE was the best performing, runnig3rd at the distance on July 28th, albeit more than ten lengths behind a good winner. He should have come on for that and is certainly a potential winner here. Of the debut-makers, (9) HWANG GEUM SAJA enters with the most impressive trial performance. He finished ahead of a couple of his fellow debut-makers when posting a fast time and winning the heat last month. He didn’t lead from the start but finished off very well. (8) EONEU MEOTJIN NAL also won his trial with (5) HEUNG JJANG, who has since raced, coming 2nd. Both could find themselves in the hunt here. (10) CHOCO CANDY was no better than average in her trial but the presence of Nunes on board will interest many. As ever with these races, it is advisable to watch the market for additional clues.
|Selections||(9) Hwang Geum Saja (7) Thank You Charlie (8) Eoneu Meotjin Nal (10) Choco Candy|
|Next Best||5, 3|
|Fast Start||4, 7, 8|
Race 9: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(8) STAR CAT found herself out of her depth in the Korean Oaks in Busan last month but the filly returns to Seoul back down in trip and in amenable company today and she could well return to winning ways in what is a very competitive handicap. She briefly showed at the front in the Oaks and can do the same today, only this time she should stay there. (10) DORAON ACHIM HAE is up in class as he hunts for his third consecutive win. He’s won his previous two in a facile manner and should be well equipped to compete at this level. (4) HYEONMU was 2nd on his first try at class and distance on June 24th and comes back off eight weeks rest with solid claims to at least match that finish while both (1) SIN DOLGYEOK and (3) MONEY TRACK are better than their latest run suggests – both were coming back from layoffs – and can improve today.
|Selections||(8) Star Cat (10) Doraon Achim Hae (4) Hyeonmu (1) Sin Dolgyeok|
|Next Best||3, 7, 9|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 8, 9|
Race 10: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(3) MONEY BLADE came up short when favourite over 1700M three weeks ago. He drops back in trip today and could well return to the winner’s circle. (9) CLEAN UP BOARD was a good winner at this class over 1200M in June. By contrast to Money Blade, he’s up in trip here but looks to have potential for more. (4) PARK SOCKS has already won at class and distance and should be dangerous while (10) CHEONGDAM JEWANG enters off the back of a useful 3rd place last start and will surely be competitive again. (2) WOMAN VOLT is the wildcard. She was a good winner over 1200M last time out and the Aussie-bred filly looks very nicely in here.
|Selections||(3) Money Blade (9) Clean Up Board (4) Park Socks (2) Woman Volt|
|Next Best||10, 8, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 11|
Race 11: Class 1 (2000M) Handicap / KRW 110 Million
(9) WILD THUNDER just came up short when favourite at class and distance on June 30th, beaten half a length by a retuning to form Haemaru. He was eight lengths and more ahead of the rest of the field though, who were led home by (11) JANGSAN COWBOY and still well-weighted, he can go one better here. Jangsan Cowboy has raced once since then, finishing 4th behind (2) CHEOGO MONEY who was 2nd in another class and distance race three weeks ago. That was Cheogo Money’s first attempt at class 1 having won at this distance at class 2 in June and he should be a major threat today. (8) DIA SOCKS won a valuable trophy race in early June and ran a close 2nd over 1200M on July 1st at this level. He’s up to the distance for the first time but may be taken into account. (4) OP SEVEN is another one up in trip for the first time but is already a class 1 winner while (10) MUHUDAEJE returns for the first time since last year’s KRA Cup Classic and is the wildcard.
|Selections||(9) Wild Thunder (2) Cheogo Money (8) Dia Socks (4) OP Seven|
|Next Best||10, 5, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 9, 10|
Race 12: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(1) NEON GAMDONGIYA seems to have found his level at class 2 and while he struggled over 1400M a month ago, he steps back in trip today and is one of two standouts here. The other is (3) HOENG UN GOL, who beat Neon Gamdongiya when they raced each other at the distance in April and has run solidly in three outings since, including picking up a win at this level. Both should be on the early speed and have every chance of filling out the quinella. If the favourites are to be upset, (5) JEONSEUNG DAESE, dropping back to this trip for the first time in a long time, has a chance of doing it while (4) BARAM SOGEURO and (8) PRIME GOLD are others in the placing hunt.
|Selections||(3) Heong Un Gol (1) Neon Gamdongiya (5) Jeonseung Daese (8) Prime Gold|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 6|