Frankie Dettori will appeal against the ten-day ban he received for careless riding at last week's July festival at Newmarket, with bookmaker Paddy Power making it odds-on the suspension will be reduced.
Dettori described himself as devastated following the suspension last Friday, with the ban ruling him out of the Qipco King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Ascot and the five-day Glorious Goodwood meeting.
Speaking on Monday, Dettori's agent Peter Burrell said: "The plan is to definitely appeal, they're preparing it today. We'll know more once we've put the appeal in."
Paddy Power quote 4-9 that the ban is reduced. They go 15-8 it is upheld, 25-1 it is increased and 100-1 it is quashed in its entirety.
The firm's spokesman Paul Binfield said: "Clearly Frankie’s people think he has a strong case and, while we don’t believe they will manage to completely wipe the slate, we do think the ten days is very likely to be shortened."
Dettori is currently set to miss several high-profile rides, including Stradivarius in the Goodwood Cup and Without Parole in the Sussex Stakes. He is due to be out of action from July 27 to August 5 inclusive.
Dettori had indicated in the aftermath of the ban he would consider an appeal after he was given ten days for careless riding aboard Angel's Hideaway in the Group 2 Duchess of Cambridge Stakes.
The stewards' report concluded Dettori allowed his mount to shift right without timely or sufficient correction, which caused Chicas Amigas to be checked and also caused considerable interference to La Pelosa and Main Edition.
All three horses were unplaced, while Dettori finished runner-up on Angel's Hideaway, seven lengths adrift of impressive winner Pretty Pollyanna.
Frankie Dettori is hoping at least some of his suspension will be lifted on appeal, picture Liesl King