The biggest 2017 tote dividends
The TAB has released its list of the year's biggest NSW and Victorian TAB tote dividends.
The list is based on the calendar year of January 1 through to December 31, 2017.
An international thoroughbred card from Ireland (Tramore) took the honours for producing the highest priced Win dividend for the year when Rufino landed at the monster price of $617! The meeting was held on April 9.
Launceston was the scene for Australia's highest priced winners with the Tasmanian city accounting for two of the three records on the NSW tote.
The first of those was Capture Me, which saluted on June 2, and took the honour of being the highest priced winner for the year. In winning for driver Natalee Emery, the mare returned a whopping $274.20.
Launceston was once again the destination to find a triple-figure winner with Furious Floss winning at $119.40 at the greyhound meeting. No other greyhound in Australia paid more than the Keith Krushka-trained runner.
Other highlights include:
• The biggest dividend paid out on the NSW TAB was $325,512.60 courtesy of the BIG6 at Rosehill on Golden Rose Day (Sept 23)
• The Star Doncaster Mile produced the biggest First 4 dividend ($283,839.60)
• Ardanza’s win at the Newcastle thoroughbred program on April 8 saw it take the honour of being the highest priced winner ($166.40) on a NSW race meeting for 2017
• Queen Tori was the highest priced thoroughbred winner for 2017 when paying $188.60 on February 12 at Albany.
• Silk Banyula ($136.90) had the honour of being the highest priced winner of a NSW harness race when successful at Goulburn on January 8
• Last year's Millions Meeting saw the highest Quaddie dividend of 2017 ($181,089.20) after Testashadow ($22.80), Flying Jess ($83.70) and Target In Sight ($8.40) joined Houtzen as winners of the Quaddie legs
Harness racing dominated the Win dividends for the year by occupying the top three spots.
East End’s victory at Mohawk on June 25 produced a mouth-watering Win dividend of $513.90, making it the longest priced winner of 2017 in front of Remains ($295.20, Gavle Dec 16) and Awa Victoria $255.60 (Mauquenchy, Oct 19).
In fact, international dividends dominated the top Win divis for 2017 on the VIC TAB by occupying the first five spots while a West Australian harness race on May 8 from Pinjarra produced the biggest dividend from an Australian racing perspective (The Mighty Rock, $193.20).
Nozomi had the honour of being the highest priced winner on a Victorian thoroughbred card when it saluted at $129.30 for Taylor Marshall and Lee & Anthony Freedman on August 5.
Other highlights include:
• The BIG6 at Flemington on January 28 returned a whopping $407,916 to be the highest dividend for the year
• The Toorak Handicap was responsible for a monster First 4 dividend of $344,423.40, narrowly taking the title for the exotic bet type in front of The Star Doncaster Mile ($333,464.10)
• Players of the Early Quaddie were treated a mammoth $301,354.60 dividend at Flemington on May 20 after Northern Journey added some spice to the dividend by saluting at triple figure odds
• Shaina Lass ($88.90) took the title for the highest Win dividend on an Australian greyhound race when successful at Hobart on August 10