Highway Consolation commences Randwick's ten race Everest programme

The support programme for Saturday’s feature $10m, The Everest (1200m) at Randwick was completed with acceptances on Wednesday for the rest of the ten race programme which commences at 12.05pm with a capacity field of 14 for the $100,000, TAB Highway Consolation (1400m).

A field of 12 plus one emergency accepted for the $500,000, Group 3 WFA Aqualand Craven Plate (2000m) with the winner of the 2017 Group 1 Epsom Handicap, the Pat Webster trained Happy Clapper, drawing barrier one for Blake Shinn.

The first three home in the Group 2 Hill Stakes over 1800m at Randwick on September 30th, Classic Uniform, Embley and Mackintosh, are set for a rematch. Gary Moore’s Classic Uniform has barrier 12 for Tim Clark with Bjorn Baker’s Embley inside at 11 for Jason Collett. Chris Waller’s Mackintosh has barrier five for Brenton Avdulla.

Group 2 Perth Cup winner Star Exhibit has barrier six for Tye Angland. The Darren Weir trained six-year-old was fifth at his last start in the Group 3 JRA Cup over 2040m at The Valley on September 29th.

Star Exhibit is at $7.00 with and Mackintosh at $9.00 with Happy Clapper the firm favourite at $1.70.

The Craven Plate is Race 9 at 4.55pm.

The $500,000, St Leger (2600m), Race 6 at 3.00pm, has a field of 11 stayers including Big Duke (IRE), Chocante (NZ), Who Shot Thebarman and Libran (IRE) from the Group 1 The Metropolitan over 2400m on the course on September 30th.

Big Duke is the $3.00 favourite followed by Libran at $5.00 and Chocante and Who Shot Thebarman at $6.00.

Race times for other features are the listed Sydney Stakes (1200m) Race 7 at 3.35pm and The Everest (1200m) at 4.15pm

The rail will be out 6m for the entire circuit for Saturday after being out 3m for last Saturday’s Spring Champion Stakes meeting and the true for the Epsom Handicap meeting. The Course Proper has a rating of a Good 4 on Wednesday 0.2mm of rain in the last 24hrs and 1.4mm last seven days.

Sydney’s weather leading into The Everest meeting has rain predicted. Thursday is forecast to have a medium (60%) chance of rain in the early morning with 1mm-2mm and a sunny afternoon with 27c.

Friday’s forecast is for a partly cloudy day with a slight (30%) chance of showers with 0mm-2mm and 24c. Saturday’s forecast is for a cloudy day with a high (70%) chance of showers with 2mm-5mm and 16c – 22c.

Randwick fields

Track rated a Good 4 on Wednesday and the rail will be out 6m for the entire circuit for The Everest meeting, picture ThoroughbredNEWS

Chautauqua and Deploy with their final gallops at Rosehill on Tuesday as they prepare for The Everest along with comments from trainers Michael Hawkes (Chautauqua) and Gerald Ryan (Deploy)

Video ATCtv